In this journal, award winning board game designer Adam Porter provides a multitude of reflective tools to help you develop as a tabletop game designer. This is not a
playtesting journal. That is to say, the journal is not focused on one specific game or project. It is focused on you. You are the project.
The journal is broken down into logs, with prompts to guide your reflections.
You will be guided to reflect on:
- Your own definition of success
- Your gaming preferences and those of the market
- Games you have played and what you learned from them
- The people who support you in game design
- How you support other designers
- Your design ethos
- Your goals and ambitions
Purchase on Amazon.com
Purchase on Amazon.co.uk
- The Hook Generator - to help you create concepts which will catch attention
- The DARE Model - to help you prioritise your ideas
- The Ladder Model - to help you determine how engaging your game is
- The Idea : Execution Matrix - to help you determine how likely your game is to achieve commercial success
- Player Journey Maps - to help you identify the pain points in your games
These tools are all based off of models and matrices developed and discussed on the Adam in Wales Youtube Channel. If you would like more information about any of these topics, there is a huge amount of information within that channel.